Role Models for the future
My Pledge is an initiative aimed at ensuring more diversity at public events in line with the recent #NoWomenNoPanel initiative .
Keep advocating for gender balance at public forums. Actively encourage diversity by sponsoring unusual suspects
Why My Pledge?
The absence of gender diversity at public professional forums does not reflect economic reality. The lack of diversity limits the quality of the conversation and potential outcomes. Fewer women as role models implies fewer female attendees which perpetuates the vicious cycle.
How does it work?
As business and political leaders, we pledge that whenever we are invited to a public speaking event, we will inquire about the organiser’s efforts to ensure gender diversity as detailed on the right.
Pledgers will also actively encourage less experienced speakers to take the stage by referring them to Equilibre and by proposing them to the event organisers.
I pledge to advocate for gender diversity on panels and at public speaking events by asking the following questions when organising an event, attending an event (speaker or attendee) and sponsoring an event:
- Have you thought about gender diversity at the event and has the organiser taken any steps to ensure such a diversity
- If the event has no diversity, I will propose either propose speakers or put the organiser in touch with Equilibre to find alternatives or additional speakers
- As an ambassador to the program, I will highlight events when I come across them without diversity to Equilibre so Equilibre can get in touch with the organiser and advocate for diversity •I will try to help my fellow pledgers to find suitable candidates for speaking engagements and endorse young talented, lesser known speakers and subject matter experts if possible
- I am outspoken about the overall benefits of more gender diversity at public events
Equilibre will support pledgers by
• Maintaining a database of alternate speakers and subject matter experts
Working with organisers to ensure gender diversity
Proposing free public speaking courses for subject matter experts and young talent
Stand out of the crowd!
Pins can also be ordered from us to showcase that you are part of the movement and to recognize other pledgers. We give out pins to all those who either:
- Convince 1 company to join My Pledge
- Convince 3 people to become an individual pledger
- Refer 3 ladies to our LinkedIn speaker group
- Make a donation to Equilibre
Send us a message if you want to receive a pin.
Your contribution to the next generation of speakers and role models
To ensure the continuity of MyPledge, we encourage donations to enable the growth of future speakers. Adhering to the program is however offered by Equilibre.
Who do we encourage to take the pledge ?
- Women and Men - Public speakers
- Companies hosting and organising events
- Attendees – to highlight events where there is no gender diversity